Outline: Here are the annoying iOS 9 Update Freezing Issues on iPhone 6s/6/5s/5c/5/4S and how to fix them in 4 solutions or find the way repairing iOS system.
Though iOS 9 helps you to fix many bugs and glitches, iPhone users encountered the issue keep freezing all the time due to the iOS 9 upgrade.
"My iPhone 6 freezes on the startup of iOS 9.1 upgrade, even the home and lock buttons stop working. How to fix iOS 9 freeze?"
So what should you do if your iPhone 6s/6/5s/5c/5/4S freezes up or gets stuck during/after iOS 9 update? Here offers you several workable methods to fix the issue above:
Solution 1: Hard reset
Resetting is a cliche because it works. Sometimes bits get stuck and there's nothing like hitting reset to get them going again.
1. Press and hold down both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time.
2. Keep them held down until you see an Apple logo.
3. Let go.
Once your iPhone has rebooted, wait and see. If it finishes updating, you're good. If not, or if it won't reboot, go on to the next step.
Solution 2: Plug into a wall outlet
This sounds silly but it's worked for some people: plug in. It's possible that, during the install process, your iPhone dipped below a critical power level and that's why it's gotten finicky. Find an outlet or USB port, plug in, and wait 10-15 minutes. Then, see if it resumes and try a hard reset to make sure. If it goes back to working, great. If not, keep reading!
Solution 3: Restore in iTunes
If you've been backing up the way you should, you can restore your iPhone in iTunes. First try doing it the normal way and, if that doesn't work, go for recovery or DFU mode.
How to restore your iPhone in iTunes
1. Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with it.
2. Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes.
3. In the Summary panel, click Restore.
4. Click Restore again to confirm that you want to restore your device to factory settings and delete all data and content. iTunes will download the device software file and restore your device.
How to put your iPhone in recovery mode
1. Connect your USB cable to your computer but not to iPhone
2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake (Power) button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.
If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
3. Now while pressing and holding the Home button down, connect the USB cable to the iPhone. The device should turn on.
4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When the message screen appears, you can release the Home button.
5. iTunes will launch automatically inform you that your device is in recovery mode and that you need to restore the device.
Note: If iTunes not open after two minutes, please open iTunes yourself.
6. Click on the “Ok” button and then click on “Restore” button to restore the device.
7. After the device has been restore, follow the on-screen instructions to set it up, and recover from the backup.
You'll need to restore from an iTunes or iCloud backup to get all your content back onto your iPhone or iPad, but once done, you'll be good to go. If even that doesn't work, you have one more things to try...
After your device is restored to factory settings, it will restart. When it does, you’ll see the "Slide to set up” welcome screen. Follow the steps in the setup assistant. You can set up your device as new or use a previous backup. If you restored an iOS device that has cellular service, it will activate after you finish setting up your device.
Solution 4. Go to Apple
Sometimes hardware or software picks update time to fail. If that's the case and you live close to an Apple retail store. If you don't live close to an Apple Store, give 1-800-MY-APPLE a call instead.
Repair iPhone 6s/6/5s/5c/5/4S Operating System
Note: If you've found all methods above can't fix iphone freeze during update, I think that you may have to repair the iOS operating system to get your frozen iPhone back to normal now. Luckily, Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS (Mac) offers the unique " Fix iOS to Normal" feature, making it easy for users to get iPhone of white screen, Recovery Mode, Apple logo, black screen, and fix the issues when your iOS device perform abnormally. It can't cause any data loss while repairing the operating system of your iOS device. So make sure you've backed your iPhone up before the repair. Windows version is here.
Download Mac iPhone Data Recovery Software:
How to Repair iPhone 6s/6/5s/5c/5/4S Operating System
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to computer
After download, install and start the Mac iPhone data recovery software, you need to Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable. You can see the main interface of the software.
Step 2. Choose "Repair Operating System"
In the main windo, click the "Repair Operating System"and you can see some notes diaplayed in the window. If you have no problem with all the changes it will bring, click "Next".
Important: Please note that by fixing the issue - iPhone stuck in Apple logo, the iOS operating system on your iPhone will be updated to the latest version. And if it is jail-broken iPhone, then it will be updated to none jail-broken.
Step 3. Download official firmware
In the new window, the official firmware download link for your iPhone will be provided. You should download the firmware. If you have downloaded it before, then here you just need to choose "Already downloaded" to browse your computer to locate it.
Step 4. Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple logo.
After downloading and selecting the official firmware for your iPhone (iOS 9 supported), you should click the button "Start Fix" to let the program to fix the abnormal issue for you. After then, you just need to wait for your iPhone to restart. You can see that iPhone starts to work without any problem.
Buy iPhone Data Recovery Software for Mac/Win now:
Wondershare TunesGo (Mac): Frees your music anywhere from iPhone, doing what iTunes can’t.
Wondershare Dr.Fone for Android (Mac): A quick way to recover your lost or deleted data from Android .
Wondershare MobileTrans for Mac: One-click phone transfer tool to let you transfer data between Android, iOS, and Symbian devices.
iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac: Make all your Blu-ray, DVD collections and movie library compatible with iPhone.
Have more questions about how to fix iOS 9 Update Freezing Issues on iPhone 6s/6/5s/5c/5/4S, please feel free to contact us>> or leave a message at Facebook.
- How to Recover a Lost or Stolen iPhone?
- Recover lost Notes from iPhone 6S Plus Without iTunes
- Top 3 Ways to Recover iPad Mini 4 Videos after iOS 9 Upgrade
- Recover iPhone Reminders after iOS 9 Upgrade on Mac
- Don't Have iTunes? Still can Recover iPhone Data!
- Extract and Recover iPhone Data from iTunes Backup